Cartwright and Gross were appointed as a member of the project team to extensively refurbish and restore the hall,
which had fallen into a state of disrepair. The careful choice of materials, high specification, sensitive design and client dedication has ensured Kempnough Hall will remain a heritage landmark in the North West for future generations.
- evidence of a 13th Century settlement boundary
- hand carved Tudor Rose made from wattle and daub from the time of Henry VI
- witching post dating from the 16th Century
- Queen Victoria and Prince Albert were guests of the First Earl of Ellesmere at the hall in 1851